This is something I’ve been ruminating on for a bit, but (typical of me) I’ve waited until the last minute to actually do anything about it. With SPX 2012 now open for registration, I’m wondering if folks might be interested in going in on an “Alphabet Collective” table to sell minicomics by AnimalAlphabet and AlphaBeasts folks who complete full alphabets and make minis of them. For those new to SPX, it’s a great small press show in Maryland and it will be held the weekend of September 15th and 16th at the North Bethesda Marriott. More info here.
Here’re some off-the-top -of -my-head-thoughts on how an Alphabet Collective (or whatever we want to call it) table would work. Please let me know what you think of this plan and–more important–if you want to commit to participate :
- You wouldn’t need to actually attend SPX to participate. If you mail minis to me in advance, I’ll take them with me to the show and return unsold minis afterwards.
- A three-foot table is $150. We’d split the fee evenly among participating folks.
- If you want to do this, you need to commit to it now and Paypal me your part of the fee pretty soon I can send off registration early this week.
- The table would be for Alpha-project minis (edit: and original Alphabet art) only. If you’ve got other books to sell, you can still do that, but you’ll need to get your own table. (I’ll buying the adjacent three-foot table for my non-Alpha work, for examaple).
- If you are attending SPX, you’ll be expected to trade off with other Alpha-people in working the table.
- If you’re getting your own table in addition to the Alpha-table, request to be seated near the Alpha-table.
- I’ll bring a “bank” of change, but we’ll have to keep tight track of book sales so I can Paypal people’s book sales back to them after the show.
- A three-foot table only comes with one pass for the show. If you plan on attending, you’ll be responsible for purchasing a pass.
So, thoughts? If you do want to participate for sure, please email me (at the email address up in the top right of my blog banner image) and let me know so I have your email address and can communicate with you directly about logistics, payment info, etc.